Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Favorite Experience

My first baseball game were they actually counted points and the kids pitched was when i was 9 or 10. I was very nervous because i was so used to having a automatic pitcher. Now it was a real person so the pitch wasn't very accurate or consistent so I couldn't get used to the rhythm. I was mostly scared of getting hit bye the ball. The ump called for the next batter, and that was me. I walked slowly to the plate looking at the pitcher until I got to my batting square next to the home base. I was so nervous I remember my body shaking uncontrollably, and my hands barley gripped the rubber handle.

I took a few practice swings and got set, the pitcher took his time and I scooted a few inches from the base. He threw the ball and I jumped back swinging at nothing but air. Strike one the ump called, I tried to calm myself down but the fear of getting hit was to strong. He threw it again and I jumped back again, I needed to hit this one I told myself, after hitting the dirt of my cleats with my bat like the pros did I set myself and was focused completely on the ball. The pitcher saw a new confidence in me and got ready himself. He threw and i ducked, ball one called the ump.

This time I was ready I hit my cleats and got set, this time the pitcher threw it harder than the last two times i closed my eyes and swung as hard as i could. Unbelievably i hear a (Clink) and opened my eyes to see the ball run a straight away past the pitcher then hitting the ground and bouncing along. In my moment of shock I only had time to get to first but a hit's a hit. Well that's my first experience I hope you liked.

2 comments:

  1. Organized and detailed reflection- images are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice I remember my old Little League baseball games. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete